You jealous? James 4:1
The of the top reason I feel jealous
- Insecurities- I feel weak or less in a certain area of me or my life so I hate/resent those ahead of me in life or in situations( this sort of jealous leads to bitterness and isolation)
- Lack of contentment- I’m not grateful with where I am or who I am so I am upset with those who always “appear” to have it better(this sort of jealousy leads to coveting)
- Regret -sometimes we are jealous because people chose to make better decisions and we didn’t and can’t go back and change it so we get upset with them and this will paralyze us. (This sort of resentment leads to paralysis) What should we do when we feel jealousy:
- Identify why you’re feeling this emotion?
- Is there any truth to this emotion?
- Disprove it -jealousy most like there the bring division
- Move forward with hope
Jealousy points at you not someone else. No one can make us feel jealous only our make up can.
Is jealousy bad?
God express his love for us as jealousy. Jealousy like many of our other emotions aren’t bad they express and point to a need for repair, a streak of progress or lack there of. What we do with our emotions determine good or bad.